tripletauto, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ase certifed master tech gm certifed 20 years experience

2002 suzuki: xl wont shift..wheel drive..dash light..part number

My 2002 suzuki xl7 wont shift intoXXXXXand dash light wont light. someone told me it is a free axel air pump. could you tell me if that is true or if there is a part number or if that is it's real name?

I'm a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yep still waiting for a answer. Thanks for asking.

there is a front air pump that locks the front differential in 4wd. but there is also a switch on top of transfer case that lets ecm know truck has been shifted into 4wd and it then turns on compressor. It is possible that you have a bad air pump,but I would lean toward this switch. it will be a lot cheaper to change.

Transfer 4WD Switch Removal and Installation
1. Remove console box and lift transmission control lever boots No. 2 and No. 3.
2. Remove transfer control lever boot No. 2 (3), unclamp wiring on transfer case to free it and pull off coupler (1

this switch also controls the light in the dash

Have you checked this switch? the website says you have replied to this answer but i cannot see any new info. if you did please repost thanks

tripletauto, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ase certifed master tech gm certifed 20 years experience
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you I will try the switch first. Thanks again will try soon havent had the time yet.