Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

suzuki sidekick: 16v 1995..wont start..wire harness..ignition coil

Customer Question

hello, I bought a used japanese suzuki sidekick engine 16v 1995 for my 95 sidekick and the distributor wiring harnesses were different, replaced distributor with one from old engine... installed replacement engine and it ran for 5 minutes and now won't start. the japanese replacement engine had a three lead wire harness american import distributor harness is seven lead. ignition coil is in different location on engines as well, are motherboards different as well? do i have to do wiring splices?
Category: Car
Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 4 years ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for getting back to me, i am taking my car to a japanese engine specialist, it's just the smartest thing to do so please cancel this question for me thanks!