tripletauto, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ase certifed master tech gm certifed 20 years experience

Bearing..rear axle shaft oil seal (2) and rear axle housing end gasket

Customer Question

Need source for rear axle bearing inner retainer; rear axle shaft oil seal (2) and rear axle housing end gasket. Vehicle is 1992 Daihatsu Rocky.
Category: Car
Expert:  tripletauto replied 4 years ago.

here is a source for rocky parts

they have the oil seal and bearings, I would contact them and see if their bearing comes with the retainer

also see if you have a local bearing supply store they should have some retainers like what you need it is just a press on collar with the dimensions they should be able to get what you need. or contact an online source like this one

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have already checked with Samuariparts and they don't supply the bearing retainer. The seals are no problem to get; I just mentioned them and the gasket, thinking that I would get everything from the retainer source that you were going to supply me with?

I have already been all over the internet trying to locate said retainer. I am 125 miles from any "local" retainer source, if there is such a thing. Contacting you for a "$29.00 answer" was a desperation move and the "last ditch" prior to trying to locate a used Rocky rear end and just swap out the entire unit and hope it's better than the one I now have.

Thanks anyway!
Sorry there is just not a lot of sources for parts on these vehicles. I would suggest using a micrometer measure the axle diameter where retainer goes on and outside diameter of retainer and contact an online bearing source see if they have a retainer that will work. those locking retainers are used on equipment and machinery also might be able to find a suitable replacement. if you have not cut off yet see if a machine shop can press off the retainer and reuse is another option.