Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician

Can a 1993 trooper engen bechanged to with a other engen?

Category: Car
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Why do you want to replace the entire engine is the block warped ? Were the heads sent put to be milled and pressure tested ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am staying in a remote area and having no means for having the head milled. So replacing the engine is best option and I just want to know if I can change it with a different type maybe a diesel .
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Definately not a diesel that will not work . You can use another year trooper or a rodeo with the same motor will work. If you try different size motors you will need to change engine harnesses , mounts , transmissions and vehicle ecms. Best option is to install the exact same year motor . One from a salvage yard or eBay . This is your best option. Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.