fordtech25
fordtech25, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN, WITH ADVANCED LEVEL CERTS.11 YEARS WITH FORD, 4 YEARS GENERAL AUTO.
49638932

What is the cruse speed of a car, what does this indicate?

what is the cruse speed of a car, what does this indicate?
Category: Car
Expert:  fordtech25 replied 4 years ago.

fordtech25 :

Hi I would like to help you out

fordtech25 :

Can you clarify the question some for me.

fordtech25 :

what do you mean by cruise speed?

Hi it looks like your not available to chat, we can go back and forth by Q&A. The cruise speed is often referred to as the best speed for the vehicle regarding fuel mileage. Some instrument clusters will have an orange line or mark on the speedometer, this is the optimum cruise speed for that vehicle.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
so this is the speed where the vehical gets the optimal gas mileage?
Yes exactly, you got it. Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
do you know now I can find a list of these? or you could maybe give me 4 vehicals....will bonus for the the examples
Hi thats a great question, I'am not able to find a master list of these. As every vehicle is different, there optimum cruising speed is as well. I may be able to find this info for a certain vehicle but this info is very difficult to find. Usually this info is stated in the oweners manual of each vehicle or indicated by the orange line or mark on the speedometer. On average this speed is between 50 mph and 60 mph for most vehicles.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

do you know the cruise speed of the 2012 forester? Also, a toyota 6 cylender

let me see what I can find, Do you have a year and model for the toyota?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for for looking in to this for me, i couldn't fine any such info anywhere. Camery 2012 base model
Hi so I tried a few things, about 6 different sources that I have, None of which supplied me with this info. I then went and called my local dealerships, subaru was great, put me hold and placed a call into his field service engineer and he was told most suburu's are engineered for cruising at 55 mph but this is not printed info or released to consumers. Toyota was no help, so I got the customer service number and they were no help either, They told me to drive a tank at a 50 average, then 55 average and last tank at 60 average and figure out which was was best for me. They were really no help. Unfortunately there is no information released in writing for either of the 2 manufacturers. Hope this helps some. Thanks, Mat