Neal, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto repair pro and Mechanic on multiple makes.

Scion xB: smell..engine compartment..Checked oil and coolant, both are

Have a new Scion xB (2 weeks old). After a short period of driving, I get a warm smell out of the engine compartment and in through the a/c. Checked oil and coolant, both are full. No indicators. What are other likely culprits? Is this just a new car issue?
Category: Car
Expert:  Neal replied 4 years ago.

I'm Neal and I am here to assist you. Only accept when you are happy with my assistance. If I can't help I will open your Question to other experts.

I assume there are no warning lights or out of range guages?

I think it is most likely just a new car issue where some paint, anti corrosion coating or lubricant got somewhere it was not supposed to and is causing the smell. I would still reccomend letting the dealer take a look to be sure it is not something like wiring or a hose touching a hot engine component.