SUPRYZE
SUPRYZE, Technician/Shop Foreman
Experience:  GM & Saab Certified, ASE Master Technician
6758627

CONCERNS ONLY A Land Rover / RANGE ROVER 2005, HSE.

CONCERNS ONLY A Land Rover / RANGE ROVER 2005, HSE. I need to know the EXACT SPECIFIC AND SEQUENTIAL steps needed to sync driver 1's key and driver 2's key to match the correct individual profile they want for the car. There is a SET button and then you can press driver 1 or 2. However there must be a particular sequence because my steps do not hold the programming or it gets mixed with the other key. Land Rover is not much help. Call the dealer they say. I don't trust dealers.
Category: Car
Expert:  SUPRYZE replied 2 years ago.

SUPRYZE :

Hello and welcome back to Just Answer!

SUPRYZE :

Has this feature ever worked for you in this vehicle?

SUPRYZE :

I will leave the chat for now. If you still need assistance, just post a reply and I will get back as soon as I can.

Customer:

Hi

Customer:

Yes, it has worked, partially. Main thing I wanted was seat memory to be automatic with seat.

SUPRYZE :

What do you mean by "partially"? Has the automatic seats worked with the key remote since you owned the vehicle?

SUPRYZE :

The reason why I ask, is because that is a Car/Key Memory setting that is enabled/disabled through the Generic Electronic Module (GEM)

SUPRYZE :

Its not something that usually just "stops" working. Its either turned on or off by the dealer or anybody with a scantool that can modify the CKM settings

SUPRYZE :

The GEM can store up to 4 keys and the associated settings with them.

SUPRYZE :

It takes a Testbook (T4), IDS or Autologic unit to disable/enable individual keys

SUPRYZE :

There might be a few other aftermarket tools that can do this, but I have no experience with what they might be.

Customer:

The seat memory will work initially after trying to program a key. Then it seems to switch to the memory position of key #2. For this to work I had been using the method : lock car. unlock car with key. start car. set seats the way I want them for key #1. set the memory from the driver seat memory button. turn car off. go outside car. lock car. That method works for seats. I just discovered for the FIRST TIME a second procedure. Says: put key in and turn to position one. remove within 15 seconds and then while holding unlock button press the lock button at same time 3 times rapidly. then release both buttons. successful programing supposedly is shown if the driver's door locks and then unlocks by itself one time. THIS DOES HAPPEN. it does remember the mirror position and radio choices. but it does not remember the seat positioning. I am 250 miles from closest dealer. prefer to try everything possible at home first. Note: my car is the early 2005 version with a BMW engine.

Customer:

I do know that you will do your best to figure this out. In good faith I will hit ACCEPT now just so you know that you are not working for nothing.

SUPRYZE, Technician/Shop Foreman
Experience: GM & Saab Certified, ASE Master Technician
Expert:  SUPRYZE replied 2 years ago.
That second method you posted to to synch the remote with the car. Are you aware that when you synch a remote, you must synch ALL remotes during a synch session?
If you synch just one remote, the other remote should no longer be able to unlock the doors with the buttons.

After successful synchronization, do the same for the second key before exiting out of the synch procedure.
SUPRYZE, Technician/Shop Foreman
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks a heap! If you had not told me about the second key needing to be programmed at the same time I would have been lost. I thought I really messed something up cause the battery WENT TO 7.8 VOLTS while I was programming. 6 month old interstate top of line batt. Charging it now. Seat memory works for ONE key. Other one does nothing when I unlock with that key. I don't know why. Maybe I'm not programming the seats properly.
Expert:  SUPRYZE replied 2 years ago.
You can try setting driver #2 settings after unlocking w/ key #2 and using it to start the car.

However, if key #2 isn't setup to for "convenience seats" in the Car/Key Memory, it may never work with just setting memory seat positions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi.. I like your slogan. How true that is. I'll try your method above. If it works my second tip ever will come to you. Thanks. Len
Expert:  SUPRYZE replied 2 years ago.
OK, good luck!