nabilc
nabilc,
Experience:  Manager/co-owner at Autotronic
30385560

nissan: diesel..1995, do they have a timing chain in the engine

Customer Question

i have a nissan patrol 4.2 diesel jeep 1995, do they have a timing chain in the engine or is it just a series of cogs
Category: Car
Expert:  nabilc replied 5 years ago.

Billy :

Hello and thank you for using Just answer! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this. Feel free to ask if you need any further info.

Billy :

Your engine (the TD42) has timing gears....so you have no chains nor belts.

Billy :

So it could not be the timing chain as it does not exist on your engine.

Billy :

The engine being "seized" could be caused by internal failure (that could be a main bearing seized, stuck or even turned over).

Billy :

First, i would try to boost start the engine (using a booster, or high power battery), to see if that works....

Billy :

If not, then you have to first try and rotate the crankshaft manually to see if this is seized...and then remove the oil sump to check the crankshaft, the main bearings and the big end bearings.

Billy :

But again, i would first try a boost charge...and try to start....

Billy :

Thank you for trusting JA and myself.......get back to me if follow up is needed..Click ACCEPT so i get credited for my work...positive feedback and bonuses appreciated...

http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-billy/