Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

The brake light is on in my 2004 Suzuki Forenza, there are

The brake light is on in my 2004 Suzuki Forenza, there are no braking issues. Brakes are good. This problem has happened before when new. It was a sensor, would like to reset it. How can I reset this?
Category: Car
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.

There is no "reset" to this problem. This is a faulty brake light switch. Being a switch, it either works or doesnt work. There isnt anything to "reset' on it.

Replace the brake light switch at top of brake pedal. It is part of the shift interlock system and if not working, it wont shift out of park as well as the brake lights not working.

Switch costs about $20 and takes about 10 minutes to replace:
graphic
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.

graphic
View Full Image
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.

if you have a question about the answer, feel free to ask for more help, otherwise you do need to click the accept button to pay for services rendered per the customer agreement as this is a paysite.

Please note that continued poor accept rate will now result in all future questions you may ask being ignored by experts as they know that they will not be paid for their time or services.

thank you