fordtech25
fordtech25, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN, WITH ADVANCED LEVEL CERTS.11 YEARS WITH FORD, 4 YEARS GENERAL AUTO.
49638932

Abs..bleed..the brakes manually to get all air out of the system

Customer Question

After I replace the abs modulator and ecbm will I be able to bleed the brakes manually to get all air out of the system? I do not have an advanced scanner to use to do it. Thanks much.
Category: Car
Expert:  chrytech replied 4 years ago.

chrytech :

what is the year make and model of your vehicle?

Customer:

2000 cadillac eldorado ETC

Expert:  fordtech25 replied 4 years ago.
Hi in order to bleed the brakes you need the tech2 scan tool. After replacing the hydraulic abs modulator you need the scan tool to do an abs service bleed. This service bleed cycle all the valves inside the new modulator and bleeds all air from it. A manual brake bleed will not remove the air from the new modulator and the brake pedal will be very poor. A tech 2 is required for this repair. Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Would an Innova 3150 scanner with ABS capabilites do teh job in lieu of Tech 2?
No it looks like it does not. Most cheaper abs readers just read codes and some pids. After doing some research it looks its capable of diagnostics only. Snap on versus scan tool will do the job. No cheap tools available for this job
fordtech25, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN, WITH ADVANCED LEVEL CERTS.11 YEARS WITH FORD, 4 YEARS GENERAL AUTO.