FixItMan
FixItMan, Master Technician
Experience:  AA DEGREE AUTOMOTIVE/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Hummer H3: My Hummer 2009 h3 oem roof offroad lights make a

Customer Question

My Hummer 2009 h3 oem roof offroad lights make a buzzing sound (interior of hummer) and are pretty dim? Any reason for that?
Category: Car
Expert:  FixItMan replied 5 years ago.

BOBBY :

Hello JACUSTOMER, this is typically caused by a bad ground for the lights. IS this something you plan on fixing yourself?

JACUSTOMER-syiyc2r1- :

Yes if I can

JACUSTOMER-syiyc2r1- :

Any recommendations as to how this can be fixed myself?

BOBBY :

Check ground G105. It is #4 below.

JACUSTOMER-syiyc2r1- :

Thx Bobby I will check and see and get back to you.

JACUSTOMER-syiyc2r1- :

I checked out g105 and there is a black wire attached under the screw . I took it loose and retightened but still have the same problem the wire looks like it is routed to the lights. I thought ground wires were green? Any way im still getting the buzzing sound which is coming from an area in the fire wall.

BOBBY :

Does the buzzing only happen when the lights are turned on?

JACUSTOMER-syiyc2r1- :

Yes. The wire to g105 I mentioned is a black wire that has the rubber stripped off the end and then plced under the washer of the bolt that attaches the ground to the car body , very amature ish. ( its a dealer oem off road light option that is dealler installed after delivery, Im the 2nd owner and bought the car from a different city) So im not sure if its getting a proper ground still.

BOBBY :

Okay, but is the buzzing loud on the inside of the vehicle and does it only come on when the lights are turned on?

JACUSTOMER-syiyc2r1- :

It is loud enough to hear and it only comes on when you turn on the off road lights.

JACUSTOMER-syiyc2r1- :

It is medium loud inside and louder underthe hood

JACUSTOMER-syiyc2r1- :

Ididnt get a response from the last info I sent about your question to me