Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician

1995 daihatsu hijet truck automatic 4 wheel drive engine ef..V..stalls

Customer Question

I have a 1995 Daihatsu Hijet truck automaticXXXXX engine EF-ES type V-S1100-THDE and after 30 to 45 minutes of running vechicel stalls out and will not start unless you let it sit for 30 to 40 minutes and then it will start up again. Driving wheel is on the right side it is a japanesse vechicle. Fuel injected. I will be happy to pay you if your idea fixes the problem. We have tried several things with no luck. Need to be able to talk to you on the phone.
Category: Car
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
The problem is the crank position sensor is heating up and shorting out and causing a no spark issue . This is very common and needs to be checked next. The only other issue it can be is a shorting out fuel pump relay . These are what need to be checked next . Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have purcahsed the english manual and the crank positon sensor I do not know where it is and what to do. Also how do we check if fuel pump relay is shorting out. Call me to discuss I will pay you well if you call and we solve the problem. 1-XXX-XXX-XXXX Dan