Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.

2005 mazda tribute: accelerating..jerk..slowly..fuel injector cleaner

have a 2005 mazda tribute, works fine when cold, when it gets warmed up, particularly when accelerating it begins to jerk. if we let off the gas and slowly reaccelerate it seems to be fine. we have tried fuel injector cleaner with little or no effect. could this be fuel filter or fuel pump or something else
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 4 years ago.

does the engine light stay on??if so,can you give me the computer codes?

how many miles is on the suv?

tell me all you can

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no check engine light is not on, has about 90k miles. it is a manuel transmission. acts like jerking as if you popped the clutch, but as i mentioned above if you let up on the gas , then slowly reaccelerate it seems ok. once warmed from a dead stop you have to really rev the engine to keep it from jerking we thought once it may be a timing belt but just dont know. now think it may be fuel filter or pump. thought perhaps fuel but it doesnt matter how full or empty the tank is . have ran 2 bottles of fuel system/injector cleaner and doesnt seem to be any better. thanks for your help.

the first thing to do here is a complete tune plugs,wires/boots and fuel filter...any of these could cause your problem,,and with 90k,it is due,,,,i would think that sense the engine light dont come on,,this will fix your problem

Please ACCEPT my answer by clicking the accept button, so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.please understand,i can not see,hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so...sometimes you may need to right click the image,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP