Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor

I pushed one of pistons back on my front brakes..brake pedal..way down

I pushed one of pistons back on my front brakes. now when i start brake pedal it goes all the way down, but it's firm when car is off. how can i bring the firmness back when engine in running.
Category: Car
Expert:  Eric replied 4 years ago.

have you tried pumping the pedal up about 20 times with the engine running to seat the brakes on that side that you pushed the piston all the way back in?

If not, you need to do this first.

If no difference, then you need to remove the wheel on that side, have someone pump the brake pedal while you observe the caliper to make sure that the piston is coming all the way out to engage the pads fully. If it isnt, then the piston was damaged and needs to be replaced. also check that the pads are not cocked at an angle and if they are, reseat them
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i did not change pads, i was checking something else for that i had to take calipers and rotors off. accidentaly on one side i opened brake line too, so fluid came out of it, i closed it and fluid lavel was ok in resovoir. doing on other side piston can out,but i pushed it back. so, is it because of piston side or the brake line.
Expert:  Eric replied 4 years ago.

you may just have air in the lines from opening the brake line. bleed both front calipers. then pump up the pedal about 20 times and see if you have a good pedal with the engine running.

If not, then you have damaged the piston, most likely it got slightly cocked when pushed in
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
also, car makes wooing noise while driving and growling sound when turning. it has whinning, chirp noise coming from belt area. 2006 honda accord lx 2.4 auto.
Expert:  Eric replied 4 years ago.

That is a completely different issue. JustAnswer policy for customers is to pay for help on one question, and then open a new question if unrelated.

You are asking 3 different questions - one on the brakes, one on belt noise, and one on another noise.

I will only answer the one on the wooing noise and growling as a courtesy to you, but you need to make sure you open new questions when you have different problems unrelated to each other. you may wind up with an expert who knows one problem but not another and get incorrect advice may trying to combine multiple problems into one question.

The wooing and growling noise is due to a bad hub bearing on the front.

please press the accept button to pay for help on the brakes and on the wooing and growling noise and open a new question on the other problem