Randy
Randy, Auto Specialist
Experience:  25 Years Experience Automotive Technology.
62741268

Prizm: tends to stall..10 minutes..start back..bought a new battery

Customer Question

My car, a 95' Geo Prizm, tends to stall when driving at night when I have the lights on. After it sits for 10 minutes or so it will start back up but not for very long, and I just bought a new battery in September or October.
Category: Car
Expert:  Randy replied 5 years ago.

Randy :

Hello!

Randy :

I will be glad to assist you,

Randy :

Alternator needs to be tested to see if charging properly, it needs to be charging 13.5 volts minimum with headlights on,

Randy :

These alternators sometimes charge just enough to get by, then at night will cause car system to fail due to lack of voltage.

Randy :

AutoZone will test alternator for free,

Randy :

Click on Answer Accepted button when you are satisfied with answer and I will be paid for my time. Clicking ACCEPT does not cost you anything extra. Thank You Very Much!!

Thank You! If I can be of further assistance PLEASE let me know! PLEASE click on Answer Accepted button! POSITIVE FEEDBACK Appreciated!!

JACUSTOMER-2lcmckb1- :

Thanks but I took it to Autozone right before I got the battery and they said the alternator was fine.

Randy :

It was probably charging good intermittently,