stin1974
stin1974, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Domestic transmission diagnostics and troubleshooting. General repair diagnostics and troubleshoot.
2267585

2002 mazda millenia: ton..o2 sensors, the Check Engine light stays on

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Mazda Milenia S. In spite of spending a ton on catalytic converters and O2 sensors, the Check Engine light stays on. The local Mazda dealer is useless. Help!!!!!
Category: Car
Expert:  stin1974 replied 5 years ago.
Can you tell me the code or codes that are in the vehicles computer? Have you had it scanned recently?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Dont know the code #. But the so-called "mechanics" said the code meant bad catalytic converter or O2 sensor. they were changed.....the light's still on!
Expert:  stin1974 replied 5 years ago.
Just so know a little more. So you picked up the vehicle and the light was still on after the repair they suggested would fix it? What I their reason for the light still being on? I hope they gave you some type of Explanation.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Nope..... none. That's why I said the Mazda dealer was USELESS! I had taken the car to other mechanics prior to going to the Mazda dealer. Those mechanics said the same thing. Obviously, all their information was wrong!
Expert:  stin1974 replied 5 years ago.
Well I wonder, do you know if they Ben cleared the codes after the repair? Here's my suggestion. I don't know how mechanically inclined you are but I'm sure you can remove battery terminals. I would try clearing the codes yourself and see if the light comes back on or not. Remove the negative and positive battery cables from your battery. Then hold them together for about 2 minutes (good contact), then reconnect them. Start the vehicle and see if the light is out or I its out, then comes back on or if it's on right away, or if it stays off. If it stays off, good. If not, take the vehicle to advanced auto or auto zone and have them read the codes and give them to you in the order they come up. They do this can for free In the hopes of selling you any parts you may need. A lot of other places charge up to 80.00 for a scan. If you have to get the codes read then at least we will have. Better starting point. This is my best suggestion.
Expert:  stin1974 replied 5 years ago.
.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Already tried the battery terminal thing. The light stayed off for about 50 mi....then came back on again... No good... What else???
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Already took it to Auto Zone. Their codes were the same as the codes the Mazda dealer read.
Expert:  stin1974 replied 5 years ago.
What are they? That's what I need to know. What are the P codes? P0000?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm taking the car in tomorrow for a hose replacement. I'll have those code #s tomorrow.
Expert:  stin1974 replied 5 years ago.
Ok, sounds good.