Steve, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  25 years working as a service technician

2005 hyundai: check engine light..garage..o2 sensor light came back

Customer Question

I have a 2005 hyundai sante fee the check engine light is on code came up bank 2 -p430 Had garage replace bank 2 o2 sensor light came back on the next day any suggisons on what to do next ?
Category: Car
Expert:  Steve replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is Steve and I am here to try and assist your with your question

The code is there because the cat converter is no longer reducing the manufactured emissions set by the federal government. The fix is to replace the cat converter just before the cat converter monitor or the 02 sensor that was just replaced.

The good news is if you are under 80k miles the dealer will replace it for free.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I went to dealer about this and they said it would be something that made the cat conventer go bad that wasnt under warrity any more so they wouldnt replace convter i have 65,000 miles on car