Psychic Mechanic
Psychic Mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master L1 20 years experience

Mazda B3000: V6..200,000 miles uses a qt of oil or two..leakage..smoke

Mazda B3000 P/U V6 with 200,000 miles uses a qt of oil or two a week.Have had the oil and filter changed every 3000 miles since new in 2002.No evidence of leakage in garage floor and does not give the bluish smoke.The tail pipe residue does appear to be minamally oily.Mostly in town driving.I use 5W 20 Valvoline Max life High Mileage oil.
Category: Car
Expert:  replied 4 years ago.
Hello Thank you for using

That's alot of oil! Too much to be valve seals or a pcv vlave, but i would try changing them out first. It is most likely getting past the piston rings. This would require a major over haul to repair. I would try a can of restore and see if that slows it down and change the pcv valve. To confirm ring or vlave seals you would need to have a cylinder leakage test done.

Good luck!