George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ yrs, AAS Automotive Technology, Factory trained Asian specialist

The parking lot As a result several of the cars..costly..wiring

Customer Question

I live in a condo in FL One of the residents is feeding squirrils daily There is a continous line of animals back and forth in the parking lot As a result several of the cars have received damage, somr very costly, when the animals chew thru wiring etc What can we do to prevent the damage? Is there a spray applied weekly or monthly to discouarge the squirrils? Thanks for any help Ralph DeMarco
Category: Car
Expert:  George H. replied 4 years ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

If you can spread mothballs around the vehicles parking (better if it is covered) and place a couple in the corners of your engine compartment that will keep the squirrels at bay. They can do some serious damage.

I know this is a touchy subject with neighbors but someone has to have a serious talk with the feeder. It is not good for the squirrels and as you know they do damage to vehicles and the buildings.

Let me know how I can help you

Thank you