JASON
JASON, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER AND L1 ADVANCED AUTO TECH 17 YEARS EXP, 6 YEARS GM DEALER, 2 YEARS FORD, 2 YEARS TOYOTA
5809586

What cars have easy steering?

what cars have easy steering?
Category: Car
Expert:  JASON replied 2 years ago.

JASON :

I have worked for ford, chevy, toyota, and dodge and the toyota's were the least effort, chevy has quite a few that are very esy to steer too, most of them now have electric steering, which means they steer easy at slow speeds, so what ever car you are looking at no matter what the brand ask if it has electric steering and no power steering fluid or pump.

Customer:

I aappreciate this, but I knew this much already, and electric steering doesn't work all the time, only at slow speeds, so steering is otherwise stiff. Sorry, Jason, but I think I'll have to decline this advice.

JASON :

electric steering still works at all speeds, who told you it did not?

JASON :

it takes the place of the power steering pump, the electric motor is operating at all times no mater the speed.

Customer:

Electric steering tends to be on huge cars. i want a small car. And I would need more specific advice about that.

JASON :

the chevy colbolts are all electric steering none of the have fluid, most electric is on small cars, very few large vehicles have electric steering.

JASON :

cobolt sorry

Customer:

OK,I'm happy to pay for your advice, but have you test-driven any smaller fuel-efficient cars with electric steering?

JASON :

yes many, not here at dodge, they are all fluid, and when it is cold outside the fluid is cold and steering effort is high till the fluid warms up, so cars like the chevy equenox, cobolt got great milage, and the best car of all time is the toyota prius, I own a prius, it is a hybrid at 49 mpg and it is like the best driving car.

Customer:

Also, chevy cobolt not even listed in consumer reports. What other small cars have elctric steering?

JASON :

The chevy volt.....is by far the best for milage, it is like a hybrid, but you charge it, dive 40 miles on battery power only, then the gas engine starts up for another 300 miles

Customer:

And the Volt has electric steering? And what about the Honda civic and Toyota Corolla on electric steering?

JASON :

yes the volt does, and if you have not seen one in person, you must, it is very nice, and that first 40 miles cost you about $1.40 to charge overnight. the civic hybrid is, any hybrid will be, because you need steering when the engine is off. and they are the best milage, do not think the corrola is.

JASON :

and it is good for the air

JASON :

we breath

Customer:

OK, Jason, I have to go to sleep, so I'll pay and look around. Thanks.

JASON, Auto Service Technician
Experience: ASE MASTER AND L1 ADVANCED AUTO TECH 17 YEARS EXP, 6 YEARS GM DEALER, 2 YEARS FORD, 2 YEARS TOYOTA