ASE Master Tech 35yrs
ASE Master Tech 35yrs, ASE Master Auto Tech
Experience:  ASE Certified since 1972,Master Auto tech,Heavy Truck Tech, foriegn and domestic
10832065

1992 isuzu pickup: new plugs and roater cap..diagnostic part..my oil

Customer Question

hi, i have a 1992 izuzu pickup, model-normal, 4cyl, 2.3, with 121403, it has failed emmission test twice, the first time it failed, was idle speed hc-result-268, greater then 220 parts per million, and high speed hc- results- 906- greater then 220 parts per million, was told by tech to change oil and filter, new plugs and roater cap, did so and took it back, it then failed again, but only on idle speed hc-results-824-greater then220 parts per million, my problem is i'm on a ssd fixed income, i dont really have the 90 some $ for the diognostc test, not counting what it might take to fix the problem, if i absolutly have to i can come up with the diagnostic part, is there something else that i can try. because the truck seems to great. iv'e always maintained all my oil changes, and tuneups, last year it passed with flying colers. at that time i had 11995, so i dont drive the heck out it, i'm afraid i might get taken advange of, since i dont know any mecanics, ineed to ask your opinion, iv'e had two heart operations, and dont wish to have another.thank you kerry fritchel,[email protected] reno nv
Category: Car
Expert:  ASE Master Tech 35yrs replied 5 years ago.

ASE Master Tech 35yrs :

Glad to be of help. Adjust your idle mixture screws to highest & best vacuum reading.

ASE Master Tech 35yrs :

I'm switching to Q&A format to be notified of your rsponse.

Let me know if you need more help.