Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

89 Isuzu pickup: ECU..4wd, 1.6 litre]..passenger seat

Customer Question

where is the ECU on an '89 Isuzu pickup[ spacecab, 4wd, 1.6 litre]? It doesn't seem to be under the passenger seat, unless it's under the carpeting. Thanks- Peter
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX ECU is right below the heater blower motor, i will post a picture of it below,Tim
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
graphic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Tim,as it turns out, the ECU on my '89 Isuzu is behind the left [ driver's side] kick panel, not on the right ,under the heater blower. Refund? Credit? Thanks for your effort- Peter
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.

Is this a left hand drive or a right hand drive?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
left hand drive- P.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
my manual shows it to be under the booster,Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Tim, I don't know what else to say about this. The computer was mounted on the left wall on the driver's side; now my dash area on the right is torn out unnecessarily.There is a small plastic unit there, but it's not what I was looking for. Maybe it's a question of semantics; I see that the little unit in the diagram is labled an ECU, but so is the main computer, at least according to the four or five other Isuzu websites I checked. - Peter
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
the ECu is the main computer,Tim