Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician

2003 subaru forester: driven..a cracked cylinder head..coolant

Is it likely a 2003 Suburu Forrester 2.5X with less than 50K miles driven lightly will have a cracked cylinder head (no coolant leakage seen yet)?
Category: Car
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
It's possible if it was Not maintained correctly. Was all maintenance done at the correct intervals?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Absolutely. This is my mother in law (in 80's) and she bought the car new. We have all maintenance records . . performed right on schedule. The car was brought in because of a recall . . not sure what it was .. but they checked the car over and came back with cracked cylinder .. $1600 and I am suspicious.
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
That sounds very suspicious to me also. I've seen dealers try to rip elderly people off just to make money. I've even seen dealers damage peoples cars to make sure they do the repair. I would get the vehicle to another shop have it checked correctly and also find out what recall was done they could of caused this damage while doing the recall. I would get the car to another shop and have it checked sounds very suspicious. These are the next steps. Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.