wild west auto
wild west auto, master technician
Experience:  ase master certified ,blue oval certified,
53330425

Pickup: The turn signal and emergency flasher..part number..Denso

The turn signal and emergency flasher on my 1995 Daihatsu Hijet pickup stopped working. The part number is(NNN) NNN-NNNNand it was made by Denso. Where can I find a replacement?

wild west auto :

hello wild west auto here to help

wild west auto :

is your flasher a three pin or two

Customer:

3 pin

wild west auto :

was the one from napa same configuration

Customer:

yes

wild west auto :

have you check the fuses

Customer:

yes

wild west auto :

have you checked the turn signal switch for power and power when switch is on

Customer:

yes, when I have the original flasher installed, there is a scratchy noise emitted from it when your turn the turn signal on. When the new one I purchased from Napa is installed, there is no noisy at all.

wild west auto :

there is a possiblity that is a bad flasher

wild west auto :

even though it is new

Customer:

it fits the same pins as the old one but does not work, so that may be the answer. is it possible that the new one requires a different wiring configuration?

wild west auto :

no there isnt but a few different flashers and there is a two pin and a three pin and different voltages check to see if there is a higher amp flasher maybe they picked up the wrong amp flasher

wild west auto :

have had bad flashers parts not made like they used to be

Customer:

the new one says it handles a max of 6 lamps and the old one says 4. could this mean anything?

wild west auto :

thanks for using just answer please press accept button after satisfied with answer that is how compensated for time thanks and god bless

Customer:

I will take the new one back tomorrow and get it exchanged for a replacement. I will let you know and will accept at that time. thanks.

wild west auto :

yes thank you

wild west auto :

reply from this page to talk

Customer:

will do and thanks again.

wild west auto :

yes let me know how it comes out

Customer:

Exchanged NAPA flasher for a new one. It still does not work!

Customer:

Any more ideas such as where I can purchase a Daihatsu OEM flasher or where I can find information of a correct substitute?

wild west auto :

have you tryed the parts store to see if they could interchange the part number

wild west auto :

also i would check the grounds for the turn signals which should be behind the left kick panal

Customer:

Yes, as I told you much earlier, I purchased what was supposed to be an interchangeable part from Napa. I also told you earlier that I was getting power to the flasher. I think I need to find an original manufacture flasher to get this thing fixed. Although my problem that I originally contacted you about is still not fixed, thanks for your help. I guess I will have to go elsewhere to try and find the part.