Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

According: I bought a 1998

Hi, I bought a 1998 SLS Cadillac. It came without the key. I figured I would contact the dealership and they would cut and program a key according to the vin #. Well I've been back three times and not one of the keys worked. I need to move the car from where it's at considering I've paid for it and transfered the title to me. How do I bypass the Vats coded key system? sosososososos.
Category: Car
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks. Try following security relearn procedure with new key: Bump key in start position for a second, leave in on position for 10 minutes, off 5 seconds, on 10 minutes, off 5 seconds, on 10 minutes, then start.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I've done that procedure 4 times yesterday. I'll tell you what, it dropped down to the low 30s last night. I was out there until 10pm doing the 30 minute procedure. didnt't work.
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
There is really no easy bypass....Here are instructions to bypass if you want though. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
well looking at the instructions they look uncertain. is this the only way to bypass the system? what about tricking the system? If I have a key that fits the ignition, can i attach the transponder to it?
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
That is the only way to bypass/trick the system...I would probably have vehicled towed to dealer so they can connect scantool to actually see whats going on with system...They can do a manual relearn procedure with scantool which is the alternative option to the 30 minute procedure with key.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thank you for your time. you watching the last nascar race of the season? anyway, have a good weekend.