Dave Nova
Dave Nova, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

would be willing to pay a bonus for a helpful answer

1. Which of the following components prevents oil from draining out of an oil filter and back down to the oil pan when the engine is shut off? A. A pressure-relief valve C. The oil filter gasket B. The oil filter mount D. An anti-drain-back valve 2. Three automotive technicians are discussing how oil should be changed in a vehicle. Technician A says that an engine should be run for a few minutes before the oil is drained from the oil pan, and then again after the oil is changed to make sure that the lubrication system is completely filled with oil. Technician B says that the engine should be completely cold when the oil is changed. Technician C says that the oil pressure indicator should be checked after the engine is filled with oil and started. Which of the following statements is correct? A. Only Technician A C. Both Technician A and C B. Only Technician B D. Both Technician B and C 3. In most engines, _______ are used to seal the ends of the oil galleries in order to prevent the oil from running out of the engine. A. rear main seals C. gallery plugs B. rubber gaskets D. metal washers 4. Which of the following is a possible cause of a high-oil pressure condition? A. A worn main bearing B. A pressure-relief valve stuck in the closed position C. A leak at the oil pan drain plug D. A clogged screen on the pickup tube inlet 5. The component that sends oil pressure information to the oil pressure gage on the instrument panel is called the A. oil pump. C. oil sender. B. hydraulic lifters. D. oil temperature gage. 6. A motor oil’s SAE rating is a measure of A. the oil’s ability to prevent rust and corrosion in an engine. B. how easily the oil will pour at certain temperatures. C. the amount of silicon the oil contains. D. the oil’s load-carrying ability. 7. Which of the following components removes dirt and debris from the oil before it’s pressurized by the oil pump? A. The screen on the oil pickup tube C. The oil pan sump B. The oil filter D. The main oil gallery 8. Worn bearing inserts, a worn oil pump, a leak in the oil pickup tube, or a clogged pickup tube screen are all common causes of A. low oil pressure. C. high oil pressure. B. pressurized oil leaks. D. excessive oil consumption. 9. Connecting rod bearings are lubricated by oil that A. flows through passages in the crankshaft. C. drips out of the ends of the lifters. B. flows up through the push rods. D. is splashed around by the crankshaft. 10. The component that limits the amount of oil pressure that can be developed in a lubrication system is the A. oil sender. C. pressure-relief valve in the oil pump. B. anti-drain-back valve in the oil filter. D. oil pressure indicator. 11. If an engine’s oil pressure is low and you hear light tapping noises at the top of the engine, the noises are usually a result of A. high oil pressure. B. a lack of oil in the hydraulic lifters. C. the wrong type of oil being used in the system. D. too much oil in the oil pan. 12. Which of the following is a likely location for a pressurized oil leak to occur? A. In the oil pan C. At the valve cover gasket B. At the oil drain plug D. At the rear main seal 13. Oil from the sump must flow through the _______ in order to reach the oil pump. A. oil filter C. push rods B. main oil gallery D. pickup tube 14. A pressure-relief valve that’s stuck in the open position will cause A. a high-oil pressure condition. C. a high oil temperature reading. B. excessive oil consumption. D. a low-oil pressure condition. 15. To help keep the temperature of its oil down, the engine in a high-performance car or a heavy-duty truck may route oil through high-pressure hoses to A. an oil cooler. C. an oil temperature gage. B. an oil pressure gage. D. a remote-mounted oil filter. 16. Worn oil rings on the pistons, leaky valve seals, and worn valve guides are all possible causes of A. high oil pressure. C. an oil pressure indicator malfunction. B. excessive oil consumption. D. pressurized oil leaks. 17. The maximum allowable oil pressure in an automotive lubrication system is usually about A. 160 psi. C. 60 psi. B. 100 psi. D. 30 psi. 18. A remote oil filter mount is connected to the engine block by A. a threaded tube. C. high-pressure rubber hoses. B. a rubber gasket. D. several threaded bolts. 19. The large passageway that runs the entire length of the engine block and distributes oil to all the vital engine parts is called the A. oil pump driveshaft. C. oil sender. B. main oil gallery. D. oil pickup tube. 20. In a warning-light oil indicator system, an oil pressure sensor is usually threaded into the engine’s A. oil filter mount. C. crankshaft. B. main oil gallery. D. oil cooler.
Category: Car
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using justanswer. Lots of questions there. I will answer them in order.

1- C
2- A
3- C
4- B
5- C
6- B
7- B
8- A
9- A
10- C
11- B
12- D
13- D
14- D
15- A
16- C
17- B
18- C
19- B
20- B
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
let me check if they are correct
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 3 years ago.
That is fine. You will find that they are. Some of the answers were out of order, so I just used the letter that was in front of the correct answer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
May be you should give me your email and send them to you so that you can have them in order to view and answer them well but 5 were wrong..
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 3 years ago.
I cannot give out personal email. Can only interact through the website.

Look at your question list above and see that the answers are out of order on questions 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20.

So questions 4, 6, and 11 were the only ones that had answers in the correct order. Please check questions against what you supplied above and see if the answers are out of order.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I want to send you another set of questions, can i have your email so that i could send them to you now and pay u all here now..
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 3 years ago.
You just attach the questions here, cannot provide my personal email to you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
some of the questions contains diagrams will that also show for u to see them??
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 3 years ago.
If you copy and paste it in, it should show up fine.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
1. Which of the following statements about filling a cooling system is correct?

A. If you must add coolant to a warm engine, you should remove the radiator cap and add the coolant
while the engine is off.

B. In a vehicle that has a coolant recovery system, the radiator should be filled to the very top with coolant.

C. In a vehicle that has a coolant recovery system, the radiator should be filled with coolant to about one inch below the top of the filler neck.

D. A coolant recovery tank should always be filled to the very top.

2. Dirt and debris in the radiator’s cooling fins, a faulty radiator fan clutch, a thermostat that is stuck closed, or a damaged air dam are all likely to cause

A. water pump failure. C. coolant leaks.

B. engine overheating. D. engine overcooling
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 3 years ago.
Answers

1). A
2). B
Dave Nova, ASE Certified Tech
Experience: ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
1. While troubleshooting an engine in a car with a low oil pressure warning light illuminated, two technicians remove
the oil pressure sender and install an oil pressure gage. They then start the engine and observe that the
oil pressure gage indicates the correct amount of oil pressure. Technician A says these test results indicate that the pressure-relief valve is defective. Technician B says these test results indicate that the engine bearings have excessive clearance. Which of the following statements is correct?

A. Only Technician A is correct. C. Both Technician A and Technician B are correct.
B. Only Technician B is correct. D. Neither Technician A nor Technician B is correct

Expert:  Dave Nova replied 3 years ago.
Answer below

1) D
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
1. Two automotive technicians are troubleshooting a problem in a vehicle’s cooling system. During the troubleshooting process, the technicians remove the thermostat from the vehicle. Upon inspection at room temperature(70 degrees Fahrenheit), the technicians see that the thermostat is fully open. Technician A says that the thermostat is working properly. Technician B says that the thermostat will close completely once the surrounding temperature reaches the thermostat’s temperature rating. Which of the following statements is correct?

B. Only Technician B is correct. D. Neither Technician A nor Technician B is correct.

2. Two auto technicians are discussing the problem of low oil pressure. Technician A says that low oil pressure can be caused by an air leak in the pickup tube. Technician B says that low oil pressure can be caused by excessive bearing clearances. Which of the following statements is correct?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
1. The ignition timing of an engine is expressed in A. inches of crankshaft rotation. B. seconds of crankshaft rotation. C. degrees of crankshaft rotation. D. volts produced by the ignition.

2. The points in a six-cylinder engine are opened and closed due to contact with the A. six teeth on a distributor gear. B. condenser. C. rotor. D. six lobes of a distributor cam.

3. In an electronic ignition system that contains a magnetic-pickup triggering device, the _______ is mounted on the distributor shaft.
A. pickup coil B. trigger wheel C. ignition condenser D. ignition module

4. In a direct-fire ignition system that’s designed to fire two cylinders at the same time, one cylinder is fired at TDC on its compression stroke, and the other cylinder is fired at TDC on its?
A. intake stroke. B. compression stroke. C. power stroke. D. exhaust stroke.

5. The insulator of a typical spark plug is made of?
A. soft plastic. B. oil-resistant fiberglass. C. porcelain. D. tempered steel.

6. _______ is used to ensure that complete combustion occurs when engine rpms increase.
A. A cold-burning spark plug B. Spark advance C. A coil D. A distributor lobe

7. When connecting spark plug wires to a distributor cap, the wires should be connected to the cap in? A. firing order. B. reverse firing order. C. any random order. D. order from the shortest to the longest wire.

8. The function of the condenser in a point-type ignition system is to? A. delay the opening of the points. B. advance the engine timing at high rpms. C. induce a voltage in the primary coil. D. prevent electricity from arcing across the points.

9. The length of the metal threads at the end of a spark plug is called the? A. reach. B. insulator. C. ground. D. shell.

10. An eight-tooth armature can be found mounted to the?
A. distributor shaft in an eight-cylinder engine. B. camshaft in an electronic ignition system. C. rotor assembly in a four-cylinder engine. D. pickup coil.

11. In a conventional ignition system, the dwell increases as the?
A. spark plug gap is decreased. B. spark plug gap is increased. C. point gap is increased. D. point gap is decreased.

12. In a direct-fire ignition system, timing advance is set by the?
A. pulse ring. B. Hall-effect sensor. C. point gap. D. computer.

13. Which of the following triggering devices is used in a conventional ignition system?
A. Contact points B. Magnetic pickup coil C. Hall-effect switch D. Optical triggering device

14. The dwell setting in an ignition system that contains an LED requires _______ periodic inspection.?
A. no B. annual C. infrequent D. 30,000-mile

15. In an ignition system without a distributor, _______ is determined by a computer.
A. point gap B. plug reach C. spark plug gap D. spark timing

16. A component with spark towers placed every 45 degrees is a
A. faulty design as spark towers must be spaced every 90 degrees. B. distributor shaft on an 8-cylinder engine. C. rotor in a Hall-effect sensor-controlled ignition system. D. distributor cap on an 8-cylinder engine.

17. Which of the following devices uses LEDs and photo diodes for ignition triggering?

18. A _______ serves an important function by helping to identify crankshaft position during computer-controlled engine operation.
A. condenser B. centrifugal-advance system C. pulse ring D. timing mark

19. _______ direct(s) current flow from the coil to individual plugs? A. The condenser B. The coil windings C. The rotor D. The distributor shaft

20. The lean air-and-fuel mixtures found in modern engines are usually fired by?
A. advanced-spark distributors. B. electronic ignition systems. C. retarded-spark distributors. D. cold-running spark plug wires.

21. In a conventional ignition system, when the contact points move apart?
A. the flow of current in the primary winding starts. B. the primary winding’s magnetic field collapses. C. current flows through the ignition coil. D. current is discharged from the condenser.
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 3 years ago.
Answers

1) C
2) D
3) B
4) D
5) C
6) B
7) A
8) D
9) A
10) A
11) D
12) D
13) A
14) A
15) D
16) D
17) D
18) C
19) C
20) B
21) B
Dave Nova, ASE Certified Tech