Randy
Randy, Auto Specialist
Experience:  25 Years Experience Automotive Technology.
62741268

2008 suzuki xl7 heating problems

2008 suzuki xl7 heating problems
Category: Car
Expert:  Randy replied 3 years ago.

Randy :

Hello.

Randy :

I will be glad to help you.

Customer:

Great.

Randy :

Does your check engine light stay on.

Customer:

My wifes car stopped blowing warm air from the dash and defrost. It only blows warm air in Auxillary setting for the rear.

Customer:

their is no check engine lighjt on

Customer:

is anyone there

Randy :

Yes.

Customer:

ok

Randy :

Give me a moment while I check some things.

Customer:

ok

Customer:

any luck?

Randy :

Does your car have remote start?

Customer:

no

Customer:

any suggestions

Randy :

The HVAC for your 2008 Suzuki XL7 is very complex. Im afraid there will not be an easy fix.

Randy :

You can carry to an AUTOZONE or ADVANCE AUTO PARTS and they will scan diagnostics for free.

Customer:

everything works except it blows cold air out thedash

Randy :

It could be a simple fix such as door to heater core inoperable however the diagnostics is not easy without equipment.

Randy :

There is a cable that goes from heat setting to heat box.

Customer:

the dial

Randy :

The air temperature actuator are 5-wire bi-directional electric motors that incorporate a feedbackpotentiometer. Low reference, 5-volt reference, position signal, and 2 control circuits enable theactuator to operate. The control circuits use either a 0 or 12-volt value to coordinate the actuatormovement. When the actuator is at rest, both control circuits have a value of 0 volts. In order tomove the actuator, the HVAC control module grounds one of the control circuits while providingthe other with 12 volts. The HVAC control module reverses the polarity of the control circuits tomove the actuator in the opposite direction. When the actuator shaft rotates, the potentiometer'sadjustable contact changes the door position signal between 0-5 volts.The HVAC control module uses a range of 0-255 counts to index the actuator position. The doorposition signal voltage is converted to a 0-255 count range. When the module sets a commanded,or targeted, value, one of the control circuits is grounded. As the actuator shaft rotates thechanging position signal is sent to the module. Once the position signal and the commanded valueare the same, the module removes power from both control circuits.

Customer:

whats the best remedy for iy

Randy :

The heater core is located inside the HVAC module. The heat of the coolant flowing through theheater core is absorbed by the ambient air drawn through the HVAC module. Heated air is distributedto the passenger compartment, through the HVAC module, for passenger comfort. The amount of heatdelivered to the passenger compartment is controlled by opening or closing the HVAC module airtemperature door. The coolant exits the heater core through the return heater hose and recirculatedback through the engine cooling system.

Randy :

There are so many solutions and items to check it would be best to carry to professional.

Customer:

thats what I was afraid of...

Randy :

The problem could be in the HVAC module airtemperature door. The correct diagnosis is gonna be hard.

Customer:

ok, thanks

Randy :

You can try the AUTOZONE and get scan. If you have any DTCs post them and I will give you reading for current codes.

Randy, Auto Specialist
Experience: 25 Years Experience Automotive Technology.