stin1974, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Domestic transmission diagnostics and troubleshooting. General repair diagnostics and troubleshoot.

2006 Subaru Forester: is not an automatic drive and it has 5 gears

If I exchange my 2006 Subaru Forester (33,000KM) for a Honda CRV 2006 (99,000KM) is it an equal exchange? The Subaru is not an automatic drive and it has 5 gears forward.

If it isn't an equal exchange, how much money should change hands?
I would have to say that the forester is of a little higher value. Just from the start, the forester is worth about 1k more in value. Also being that it has about a third of the Miles that the honda has makes it more valuable as well. My personal preference is a standard because of the problems an automatic can have. Standard saves on brake wear as well. My personal opinion would be to try and get anywhere from 1500.00 to 2500.00 cash on the trade as well. Obviously it's up to you what you are willing to do though. They both get the same gas mileage and if they are both in good shape, they are very close to the same vehicle.