Mastertech1
Mastertech1, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  30 years of all phases automotive diagnostics and repair

Mechanical..I weld do tires and have a lift and diagnostic computers

Im getting signs made for my new automitive repair business Im playing with idea's on what The "shop labor rate" sign should say. Im thinking of also listing that this shop uses a flat rate for mechanical work. also I weld do tires and have a lift and diagnostic computers. can you help out at this point in time Im thinking the sign should look like this

Tire repair
wheel balancing
wheel mount and dismount
welding labor
computer diagnostics
oil change engine
oil change filter transmission
recharge air conditioning

any thoughts please this sign will have removable numbers for the prices
Category: Car
Expert:  Mastertech1 replied 2 years ago.
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING JUST ANSWER, AND FOR ALLOWING ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO ASSIST YOU WITH YOUR AUTOMOTIVE CONCERNS.First, Is your shop ASE certified? and will you be doing any major repair type work, like engine building or replacing, Transmissions? Also keep in mind that oil change specials are a way to get business in your door so you can find the needed repairs or maintance that your customer needs, When you are saying computer diag, What is the capabilities of your scanner equipment (will it do abs, air bag, can you perform flash programing, so your customers dont have to go to a dealership?) As far as pricing goes,keep in mind you are the new shop on the block,(dont under price your self, but dont go over either,in other words if the shop next door is charging $120.00 for a trans service dont go $75.00, and dont go $140.00, go about $105.00, stay in line not cheep and not pricey!)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes we will be ASE certified Im going to just stick to light duty stuff for now brakes wheel bearings u joints tires and wheels. im in the process of getting a brake lathe, and the best diagnostics Napa sellsI cant answer wether it can do flash programming or not Im due to be in business next spring
Ok, Then at top of your sign it needs to state that your Technicians are ASE certified (this is a big selling point in todays auto repair business! Then list that you do complete computer diagnostics with the most up-dated equipment, List that you are the Dealership alternative for 30, 60 and 90k services,(these are the most common services in todays market, and the biggest money makers! Then list that you do perform all types of welding and fabrications, And that you offer complete tire servicing, new tires? used tires(money maker) mounting and balancing service, Also list that you will meet and beat all competitors pricing! example=(simply we sell for less!) or( You have tried the rest, now try the best!) As far as pricing goes, this totally depends on your region, make some calls to other shops and ask what there pricing is for there services, and then go a little under (not a lot, dont get a rep. that your shop does cheep work,or some customers will stray away from your shop!) Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX me know if I can help in any way, Been there done this!
Mastertech1, ASE Master Technician
Experience: 30 years of all phases automotive diagnostics and repair
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok sounds good now i need to break it down into the right catagories here is what im thinking the sign will read based on your input

ASE certified technitions

shop labor per hour

mechanical repairs charged by flat rate

engine oil change plus filter

complete tire servicing

flat tire repair

wheel balancing

tire mount & dismount

computer diagnostics

30 60 and 90 K servicing

welding and fabrication aluminum and steel

do you think this needs a little tweaking? or is good

This sounds good, But drop the mechanical repairs charged by flat rate line, And post the Shop hourly rate at the bottom of the sign! And post,( Complete computer Diagnostics), all else looks great!
Mastertech1, ASE Master Technician