George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ yrs, AAS Automotive Technology, Factory trained Asian specialist

Suzuki Reno: ignition timing..which marks to use on the dohc

Customer Question

I have a Suzuki Reno. I'm trying to set the ignition timing on it. I don't know which marks to use on the dohc. Any suggestions?
Category: Car
Expert:  George H. replied 2 years ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

The intake and exhaust lines go up, if you look behind the cam gears on the cam cover you will see a notch for each cam gear to line up with. Not the best place for them but that is where they are.

Let me know if this helps

Thanks

George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Master Tech 15+ yrs, AAS Automotive Technology, Factory trained Asian specialist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how about the crank. which mark do I use on it? there is a mark on the cam(notch) and a mark on the front of the cam in yellow. and a circle on the front of the cam. Also, is the arrow on the front the TDC mark?
Expert:  George H. replied 2 years ago.

The crank mark is on the bottom hidden behind the gear on the oil pan. I bring the mark out where I can see it with a paint marker.

The line on the cams is to the left of the intake/exhaust marking as you look at it from the belt end of the engine.

The complete procedure is below if you don't have it already and you can see as much as Suzuki ever produced.

Click here for procedure

Let me know how I can clear this up for you

Thank you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
which mark is the timing mark on the crankshaft pulley? notch, yellow line, circle or key?
Expert:  George H. replied 2 years ago.

The notch on the belt guide as shown below

Click here

Let me know if that is clear

Thanks