Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years

Isuzu: pull..3.2L..a 5 speed manual, two wheel drive

I need to separate an engine and transmission in a vehicle and pull the engine out. it is a 97 3.2L Isuzu with a 5 speed manual, two wheel drive. can it be separated without pulling transmission? I also dont have a diagram where all the tyranny bolts are to the engine would you have one?
you MUST remove the transmission and THEN remove the engine.they will NOT come out together and the engine will NOT comeout with the transmission just unbolted from the engine there is not enough room.if you look at # XXXXX in this picture it shows the bolt holes that hold the transmission to the engine.and the picture says 3.1 on the bottom not to worry the 3.2 is the samegraphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
does the transmission need to be removed completely? By just moving the transmission will there be enough slack in linkage assembles to be able to maneuver the engine out of the engine bay?
you have to completly remove the manual transmission from the truck.then remove the engine
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Alrighty. That will be fun since i dont have a lift. Shooting to have this done by the end of tomorrow.
just be patient wand work safe
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I will be. I have to heat up the exhaust to manifold bolts to get them broken loss and i know they could snap. Luckily i have face shield, goggles, gloves, jacket, and hat. I assume i am going to need to move the exhaust now. Why cant vehicles be all the same process like GM 350 engine and their tyrannies
i agrre.but when they pack in bigger engines and transmissions to smaller trucks there is no room to work