James, Technician
Experience:  6 years automotive 4 years mining electrical
19010087

Suzuki: brakes..stopping and also my ESP light comes on and stay

my hand brakes light comes on when driving and goes off when stopping and also my ESP light comes on and stay on suzuki vitara2008 and 55 0000
Category: Car
Expert:  James replied 5 years ago.
Hi there

Thanks for using Just answer.

There are combination of issues that could be causing this, some of these range from.

Faulty handbrake switch sensor
A faulty sender unit on the abs at the rear of the car
The wiring from these components to the computer.
or even just a conflict in your ESP or computer management system itself.

It sounds like the cars computer is telling your electronic stability system that the handbrake is on thus at speed or when driving the EPS system is comming into play

I think the the EPS may be trying to protect the car driving around a corner with the handbrake on if that makes any sense.

Little does the car know that the handbrake is not really on.

So what do we do about this ?

Many people get sucked into the trap of trying to replace parts in cars hoping they find to the correct part, Theres a better way.

These new cars ,especially a 2008 Suzuki is equipped with the ability to check the computer and retrieve the history of what is going on in the cars electrical system.

I suggest having the computer scanned by either the dealership when you go in or an auto electricitian as soon as possible.

This scan will provide you with a code, in turn the code will refer to the component or the wiring circut that is causing you the dramas.

Im my experience this is the quickest most cost effective way to resolve your issue.

I hope this information is of assistance to you.

Once again thaks for using Just Answer

Regards

Joel