rlc532
rlc532, Technician
Experience:  12 years experience as professional automotive repair and service technician.
60580180

compass: point the wrrong dic when the fast idea comes

Customer Question

i have a 2011 and it is the second one i have had the compass is screwey and it seems to point the wrrong dic when the fast idea comes on after i drive 5- 10 minets
Category: Car
Expert:  rlc532 replied 5 years ago.

rlc532 :

Hello, Welcome to Just Answers! I will assist you with your question.

rlc532 :

I can give you a reset procedure, but first I will need to know where is your present location (state) for the proper location code.

rlc532 :

I was able to upload the illustration:

Full Size Image

rlc532 :
  1. Use the COMP button located at the bottom of the mirror.
  2. Press and hold the COMP button for three seconds until a zone number appears in the display.
  3. Find your current location on the map provided on this web page.
  4. Press the COMP button on the bottom of the mirror until the new zone number appears in the display. After you stop pressing the button in, the display will show a compass direction within a few seconds.
JACUSTOMER-3bbf9yrp- :

its in co. and set in zone 5 we have reset it twice and same problem

JACUSTOMER-3bbf9yrp- :

the dealer cant fix it

JACUSTOMER-3bbf9yrp- :

there is nothing added to the truck all stock and this is the second one 2011 same problem i think that it is in a maged pull from some thing

JACUSTOMER-3bbf9yrp- :

there is no comp in the mirror its on the steering wheel.

JACUSTOMER-3bbf9yrp- :

i mean comp button

rlc532 :

This is the only reset procedure I am aware of. It sounds to me that the compass its self needs replaced. I do not see any reason the dealer would not be able to fix this problem, if they refuse you may need to find another dealer or contact GM directly to make them move on the issue.