Mastertech1, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  30 years of all phases automotive diagnostics and repair

Caravan: Engine system fault warning light came on..towing

Engine system fault warning light came on. Does not appear to have any faults. I am towing a caravan. All seems to be working ok
Category: Car
Expert:  Mastertech1 replied 4 years ago.
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING JUST ANSWER, AND FOR ALLOWING ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO ASSIST YOU WITH YOUR AUTOMOTIVE CONCERNS.What is happening is one of the sensors is malfunctioning or is out of its perimeters,then in turn it will cause the engine light to illuminate, If you are not experencing any running issues, or shifting issues, (many times it could be fuel related,or regenerative issues) At this point you should disconnect the battery for 10 mins. and then see if the light returns after starting the engine. (this will reset the computer) If it does come back on, you should have the code checked to see if there is a sensor that is out of range or is bad, if the light stays off after driving for 20 miles then more then likely it was a glitch (towing, extended up-hill driving or) Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX me know if I can be of any other assistance to you with this issue.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The warning light is still on but the vehicle does not seem to have other problems. I have towed the caravan a further 80 km
Then when you can have a scan test performed you should, the fault sounds to be a fault for emmissions, so this will not effect the running of the vehicle.Thanks