rlc532
rlc532, Technician
Experience:  12 years experience as professional automotive repair and service technician.

want to wire 2.4 to run in dune buggy ,want to wire from plug

Customer Question

want to wire 2.4 to run in dune buggy ,want to wire from plug that plugs in to fuze box ,will ad relays for fuel pump &colling fan ,just need witch wires make it fire moostly pink&pink with brown stripe
Category: Car
Expert:  rlc532 replied 2 years ago.

rlc532 :

Hello, Welcome to Just Answers! I will assist you with your question. If you know the year make and model of the vehicle the engine was taken from I may have a wiring schematic for it. Thanks

Customer :

colbot 06 just need wires that will make it fire can handle the rest my self ,not useing fuze box , wireing from the plug thats plugs in to bottom of the fuze box

rlc532 :

Ok here is the diagram from the under hood fuse box for the ignition.

Full Size Image

rlc532 :

The Pink/Black wires to the ignition coils need battery voltage and a 10amp fuse

rlc532 :

The brown wire to the ignition is the reference from the coils to the ECM

Customer :

this is no help ,working on the other side of ecm , i have 5-6 pink 6-7 pink with brown 2 lite blue 2 dark blue 2 black3 green 1 red with white ,now ihave a batt,& a key switch to hook to wires at this plug i have wired 2.2 on problem 2.4 is diferent may be v.v.t on 2.4

Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  rlc532 replied 2 years ago.
The main battery power to the ECM is the red white wire. Since some of the wire you are describing are for inputs and controls for other components such as fans, ac, cruise control not all will be needed to fire the engine. Along with the wires being colored they are also numbered (see diagrams to match them up). There looks like 2 of the pink wires are the ingnition power wires for the ECM these are what starts the ECM up these are marked 5293 & 1039.graphicgraphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
this is not what i am wanting ,i have all those wireing photos from alldata ,iknow that all wires that are in the plug are not used for runing ,what i want is what wires to hook to the key& by color not a photo ,willing to pay you more than 24$ for what i want but so far i not getting what i want
Expert:  rlc532 replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry that we are not communicating. I have provided all of the information you originally asked for which was for the wires that power the ecm to fire the engine. All of the wires in the schematics are marked by their color in the ones I have given you and by the ones you say you have from Alldata. The colors are abbreviate, for example your red/white wire is show on the schematic as RD/WH. All of the wires can be identified this way and also by number.
I will Opt Out since you feel I have not helped you. Please do not respond to me so that the question will not be locked and another expert can help you.

Thank you! Have a great week!