Neal
Neal, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto repair pro and Mechanic on multiple makes.
17294534

1988 ISUZU PICKUP: THE OIL CHANGE..OIL LEVEL..ROCKER ARMS..OIL PUMP

1988 ISUZU PICKUP I DID THE OIL CHANGE AND NOTICE THAT WHEN I STARTED THE CAR THE OIL LEVEL DOESN'T GO DOWN AND THE ROCKER ARMS ARE MAKING TOO MUCH NOISE. DOES THIS MEAN THE OIL PUMP IS NOT WORKING?

I'm Neal and I am here to assist you. Only accept when you are happy with my assistance. If I can't help I will open your Question to other experts.

If everything was fine before the oil change then it is most likely a bad oil filter. Try another oil filter.

Now and then a oil filter can fail and will do what you describe.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
THE THING IS THAT I DON'T KNOW IF IT WAS FINE BEFORE. THE OIL PRESSURE LIGHT IS NOT ON.
Did you not hear it run before changing the oil?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
YES BUT IT HAS ROUGH IDLE PROBLEM THAT I WAS GOING TO CHECK AFTER THE OIL CHANGE. I WAS THINKING IT WAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE CHOCKE OR CARBURATOR BECAUSE IT WAS DOING IT ONLY WHEN COLD. I THINK I WILL TRY THAT FIRST. I WILL CHANGE THE OIL FILTER.
ok
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
THANK YOU! I PUT A NEW OIL FILTER AND NOW IT WORKS.