Dave Hopkins
Dave Hopkins, Technician
Experience:  Fully certified in all phases of automotive repair as recognized and certified by Ford Motor Company and Hyundai Motor Company.

Where are the fuel pumps located in an Aston Martin Vanquish 2002?

Customer Question

Category: Car
Expert:  Dave Hopkins replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JA...the fuel pump on a 2002 Aston Martin Vanquish is located inside the fuel pump, since this is a fuel injected vehicle, the fuel pump is of an electronic variety, and is submerged into the fuel tank, other Aston Martin vehicles that are carbuerated use a mechanical fuel pump, that operates off of engine vacuum, but your is in the fuel tank, the tank needs to be drained and removed from the vehicle to access and replace it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I understand ther e 2 units. One in the tank and one somewhere else. Its the secoond one I need to locate. Not just the one in the tank.
There should be 2 mounted in the tank..., do you have the tank down yet?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
NO we do not. Is there an instruction manual showing definitively that they are BOTH in the tank.

Thats alot of work to find out they are not both in the tank.
Ok, I have searched high and low, the fuel pumps are definately located in the tank, only the carbuerated models use an externally mounted fuel pump, and no, I do not have an instruction manual..information for this vehicle is unusually hard to obtain, something I've not experienced in the past.