Randy, Auto Specialist
Experience:  25 Years Experience Automotive Technology.

Land rover..the shocks..ABS warning..local mechanic

Customer Question

I am having problmes with my 2205 land rover lr3. The air is released from the shocks after an HDC warning comes on then ABS warning and Transmission fault which causes the air to be released from the shocks. I brought the truck to a local mechanic, there is no dealre nearby. They changed the brakes and the brake sensor.It seems worse. I also changed the rear wiper motor which was not working at the time. After one day, it does not work again. A friend told me that it sounds like that the computer on board needs to be "rescanned". What do you think? Should I go back to the local mechanic or take theXXXXXto a dealership?
Category: Car
Expert:  Randy replied 4 years ago.

Randy :

Dealerships are very thorough and will probably be your only help if you do not have diagnostic equipment. You can carry your vehicle to AutoZone or Advance Auto Parts and they will scan your vehicle for free. If you do so post the codes and I will try to be of further assistance.