Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  32 years Foreign / Domestic Cars All aspects of Diag and Repair
13677702

Isuzu trooper: I own a 1994 3.2 liter, V6..driveway..wouldnt start

I own a 1994 3.2 liter, V6, isuzu trooper. I pulled it into the driveway with no apparant issues, went out to drive it the next morning and it wouldn't start. It turns over but won't fire. I jumped it, still wouldn't start. In reading/research I think it may be the crank shaft censor. Am unable to find the censor....where exactly is it located and how hard is it to change? Any other suggestions as to what might cause the problem?
Category: Car
Expert:  Randall C replied 5 years ago.

Tracer :

Hello, I am Randall. I have reviewed your question and working on it now. Will return shortly

Tracer :

single cam engine or dual cam engine?

Customer:

Single Cam

Customer:

I don't understand. I don't want to accept until I have an answer. not sure how this all works. I'll be glad to accept so you can have credit once I receive a reply to my question. Thank you

Tracer :

Ok, it can be lack of spark, fuel or injector pulse. A quick test is to spray some carb cleaner into the intake and see if it starts. If so? then yes,, could be crank sensor. It is located at lower engine on left side

Full Size Image

Tracer :

if it does NOT want to try starting with carb cleaner? then a fule pressure test is needed to see if pump failed