Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician

I have a 2008 LRS SE & the alarm seems to be going..doors

I have a 2008 LRS SE & the alarm seems to be going off for no reason quite often. My solution right now is not to lock the doors at all which of course I am not thrilled with. I had my maintenance doene on the vehicle 4 mths ago from a dealer & it was all the basic stuff needed. Should I find a audio dealer to bring it to or my mechanic? Either way both are not open on weekends and this is why I have had the problem for so long. Could it be the remote or something simple I can fix myself?
Category: Car
Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Most common is a faulty door switch , hood switch or even a faulty door lock actuator . Easily diagnosed with a good scanner hooked up to the vehicle and then they can see which does not work when operated. This is the next step. Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.