FIX-IT, Technician

t660 (Automatic)im driving my new tractor..jumping..steady

2008 Kenworth T660 (Automatic)
I'm driving my new tractor and while checking my guages after filling the tanks with fuel, I noticed the primary fuel guage is jumping from empty to quarter tank while my secondary guage is steady at full. Is this normal? How do I correct it, if not?
Category: Heavy Equipment
Expert:  FIX-IT replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer.i can help you with this..if you feel the guage is jumping back and forward very quickly then chances are the fuel sender is at fault,its the piece on top of the tank that has 2 wires going to it,sounds like its starting to go,consider replacing and let me know how you do.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks Fix-It. Looks like the gauge has regulated itself after I've now been rolling for a few hours. I'll have my maintainance crew check out that fuel sender asap. Thanks for the suggestion.