Mike, Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I have been a Car/vehicle mechanic 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.

Isuzu Trooper what causes rough idle/dies during cold start,

what causes rough idle/dies during cold start, outside temp not a factor, and is this related to a dia., code #44
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hello and Welcome back to justanswer..

Certainly a bad o2 sensor ( which this code relates to ) ..or bad wiring to it etc , can cause your engine to run badly as you describe.

If the light is flashing -and you have this code as you describe, the actual fault / problem , needs addressing / sorting out - just re setting the Pcm / clearing the code will not cure this permanently - the fault light will keep coming back on until the root cause has been cured -

So work through in that area as above to get to the bottom of this and get this sorted.

Im very pleased to have helped you -

Please click the Accept button for me now - Thank You ...and if you do need / wish to get back to me after - you can do so just by coming back to this post and use the Reply button - your reply will then come straight back to me .. and Im always happy to help further....

.Kind Rgds to you - MIKE.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
o2 sensor has been replaced, I am going to reset the maintainance interval light this morning, I don't think it was the o2s.