Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

looking for a diagram for 1969 camaro window assembly

Customer Question

Category: Car
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 2 years ago.

hi

this may help you

thanks

Please ACCEPT my answer by clicking the accept button, so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.please understand,i can not see,hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

Door Glass

• REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
  • ADJUSTMENT PROCEDURE

REMOVAL & INSTALLATION

1967-69 Models

See Figure 1

FIG : Fig. 1: Identification of the door assembly components-1967-69 models image

Disconnect the negative battery cable. Remove the door panel. Lower the window to the full down position. Remove the up-travel stop from the lower sash channel.

• Roll the window 1 / 2 way up and remove the bolts that secure the lower window sash channel to the rear run channel guide plate. Disengage the guide plate from the sash channel.
  • Roll the window completely up. Remove the inner panel cam bolts. Tilt the upper corner of the glass inboard and rotate the glass counterclockwise until the lower sash channel cam is close to being parallel with the beltline.
  • Slide the glass rearward and disengage it from the regulator lift arm. Remove the glass from the vehicle.
  • Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Adjust the glass, as required.
  • ADJUSTMENT PROCEDURE

1. Disconnect the negative battery cable. Remove the door panel.
    2. To rotate the window, loosen the front and rear up-stops, adjust the inner panel cam and the up-stops, then tighten the screws.
    3. To adjust the window's upper inboard and outboard edge, perform the following procedures:
      1. Position the window in the partially down position.
      2. Loosen the vertical guide upper support (lower) screws, which are accessible through the inner panel access holes.
      3. Loosen the pin assembly screws, the rear up-stop screw and the front belt stabilizer screw.
      4. Adjust the vertical guide upper support and pin assembly (in or out as required, then tighten the screws, adjust and tighten the other components.

When adjusting glass, make sure that it remains inboard of the blow-out clip, when cycled.

1. If the window is too far forward or rearward, position the window partially down, loosen the vertical guide (upper and lower) screws, then adjust as required.
    2. If the window is too high or low in the Up position, adjust the front and rear up-travel stops.
    3. If the window is too high or low in the Down position, adjust the down-travel stop.
    4. If the window binds during the up and down operation, adjust the front and/or rear belt stabilizer pin assemblies.