Neal
Neal, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto repair pro and Mechanic on multiple makes.
17294534

2006 ranger: rover sport..brake light and suspension light

Customer Question

I have a 2006 ranger rover sport supercharged. I was driving and my DSC light, brake light and suspension light turned amber.The message came on said..Transmission fault, hdc not available..

can you tell me probable cause and fix.. also an estimate on how much this will cost to fix

tendai
Category: Car
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.

I'm Neal and I am here to assist you. Only accept when you are happy with my assistance. If I can't help I will open your Question to other experts.

This could be as simple as a bad wheel speed sensor or a speed sensor that is bad as all of those systems rely on information from them to function.

To determine which it is will require a diagnostic, but there is a good chance you might only be looking at a total bill as low as $300

If the price is a concern, get the diagnostic but do not approve any repairs until they tell you what is wrong. The diagnostic should be less than $100