Mike, Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I have been a Car/vehicle mechanic 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.

Hook up the ethos scanner to a 1995 geo metro with a 1.0 liter engine

how to hook up the ethos scanner to a 1995 geo metro with a 1.0 liter engine
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer.

I can give you a drawing of the layout of the connector if that will help you ...

You will have the instructions for the scanner you have I assume - so will that as above help you ?

Rgds , MIKE.........................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes the drawing will help so what male pins from the scanner do I connect to the connector ?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again - thank you for your reply..

Im not familiar with the scanner you have - you would need to contact the suppliers or a phone call to Snap On Tech dept for an instruction book for that if you don't have one...or they may even tell you when you call which probes to use...(Im afraid there are literally thousands of different scanners / diagnostic machines on the market which is why we don/t have such info )

As regards XXXXX XXXXX side of things - I have uploaded the diagnostic socket diagram for you - for that , click HERE.. and that shows you the pins you need to connect the relevant pins to for the diagnostics.

Im very pleased to have helped you -

Please don't forget to click the Accept button for me now - Thank You ...

.Kind Rgds to you - MIKE.
Mike, Mechanic
Experience: Hi, I have been a Car/vehicle mechanic 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The scanner is a Snap-on ethos and it says it is a 6 pin connectornearleft strut tower on fiewall which I fould and it say to jump pins b & d the diagram is wrong one that you sent .
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again, thank you for your reply.

The diagram I sent you is from the tech manual for the 1.0 version of the Geo Metro...1995.

It could well be that you are looking at a different connector - this is a common thing to happen so have a look round the engine bay for a connector the same as the image I gave. Its not unheard of for manufacturers of diagnostic equipment to get the locations wrong - it is a strong possibility.

Best Rgds - MIKE.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again...

I do have an image of the auxiliary Dlc - this is a 4 pin - Just in case its helpful - I will give you this as well -

For that - click HERE..

Best Rgds - MIKE..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The second connector is under the hood that you sent ?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
HI there..

No - the connectors are both inside the car on these model's - the aux one is on the right hand side ..

I have a diagram for this too - click HERE ..

The aux one.. the last one I sent you is item 14... again, right hand side of the dash inside the vehicle.

Best Rgds - MIKE.