Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician

Special: I have a suspension fault in my 2005 LR3..warning..30 mph

I have a "suspension fault" in my 2005 LR3. It was first only an XXXXX XXXXXght warning stating that all special programs disabled, now it is red...max 30 mph. took to my local repairman who said to take to land rover. I bought it used. it has approx 78000 miles. out of warranty. any advice other than taking to dealer to repair?
Category: Car
Expert:  Tom replied 5 years ago.
Most common is a faulty height sensor has failed. These are known to take on water and short out causing this issue. First try disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes both terminals and see if it resets. If it does intermittent failure. If there is still an issue need to see which height sensor has failed. These are the next steps.Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.