Dave Nova
Dave Nova, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Isuzu: working right..the seat forward & back is working, buth the one

the powerseat on my isuzu is not working right. the lumbar support & the switch to move the seat forward & back is working, buth the one that move the backrest forward & back is not working. I just had the car in the shop for other repairs, now that is not working. Amy suggestions? My husband said it might be a fuse?
Category: Car
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using justanswer.

There is one circuit breaker that powers all seat functions, so the problem is not a fuse. The problem will either be in the seat switch or the motor. Best thing to do is to test power coming out of the switch to the recline motor. If you do not have a test light or voltmeter, watch the dome light as you operate the seat switch. If the light dims, the switch is okay. If the light does not dim, the motor is likely bad.