gunny44
gunny44, technician/shop foreman
Experience:  40 years experience, engine diagnose, transmissions, Ford, Pontiac, GM, Isuzu, 12 years with Kia
11374595

2000 Isuzu Rodeo: over rough portion..tachometer..jerks..restart

I have a 2000 Isuzu Rodeo. While driving over rough portion of a paved road the tachometer starts to go up and down, the engine jerks and sometimes will quit running. I pull over and restart it. It starts right up. It will do the same thing on smooth road ways.
Also, the check light for the transmisson comes on, other times the entime light will come on.
I've had a new timing belt put on, the transmision checked out okay, and the electrical system was checked out but no problem was detected even though the the mechanic was able to drive the car and did experience the problem. However, he could not duplicate it in the shop or on the computer.
The mechanic said the problem may be in the " harness " but did not want to pursue it.