Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

The last week my drivers side floor under the mat is..start driving

Customer Question

Hi There,
I own a 2004 Disco - I've taken it to the same shop since day one - always do the required and make certain to take good care.

In the last week my driver's side floor under the mat is wet to soaked - it dries with the mat removed and few towels - when the car is not in use. However, once i start driving the car, i notice the floor is wet again. I've read online that it could be the ac drain lines or sun roof. I do not have a sun roof - but about 3 years ago the dealer broke my winshield and replaced it. Yet no signs of any leakage around winshield. I f you think it could be my ac drain lines - can you please tell me where exactly they are located and if i could do it myself without putting my car on a lift. soggy disco gal
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
Hi, my name is Tim, does the floor get wet, even when its not raining outside?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

yes

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
then its not a leak from the windshield, it will be a plugged up drain hose in the heater a/c box, this drain tube is located on the passenger side firewall, under the hood, below where the a/c lines goes through the firewall, it is easiest to access this drain tube from under the car, it will be a about 1/2 inch in diameter tube stick throught he firewall about 1 inch, locate this tube and run a coat hanger or a stiff wire into the tube until water runs out, this is a very common problem on these,Tim