Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

Good Morning,I have a 2008 Range Rover Sport hse..safety feature

Good Morning,

I have a 2008 Range Rover Sport HSE and was wondering if there is a way to allow input to the GPS while driving. In other words how do I shut off the safety feature while the car is in motion.

thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  Tom replied 5 years ago.
You would have to bypass it which will void warranty . You want the gps to be off and use it as a DVD player when in motion .
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, there is a safety feature built into the GPS system: It only allows address input when the car is NOT in motion, I would like to bypass that safety feature and be able to input a location while driving. Thanks
Expert:  Tom replied 5 years ago.
Again yes it can be but it will void the warranty and there will be aftermarket wring spliced into the gps. This is a safety issue on all vehicles to prevent accidents while driving . If you want to have it done that's up to you but voiding the warranty is just not worth it .
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The warranty on the car is already up, I would like to be able to have someone in the passenger seat input addresses while the car is in motion. Do you know approximately where the splice will be? Thanks again
Expert:  Tom replied 5 years ago.
It would be spliced into the unit itself if done professionally and you can not even tell. Need a shop to do this . Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.